Fashion for Moms [By Fashion & Lifestyle Blogger and Stylist]
Date: 24 Nov 2018
Time: 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM
Venue: Tej SolPro A-915, Siddhi Vinayak Tower, Nr. Kataria Tower, Makarba, Ahmedabad, India 380051
Back to blog - Pregnancy Rights For Women At Workplace
Pregnancy Rights For Women At Workplace
Are you aware of the new policies in India about maternity leaves & your rights at your workplace?
In march 2017; the parliament approved a bill granting women working in the organized sector paid maternity leaves of 26 weeks, which used to be 12 weeks. for the women working at companies with at least 10 employees.
- Government pregnant employees get 180 days of paid leaves for their first two children.
- Women adopting a baby are eligible to get 12 weeks leaves from the day of adoption.
- And if the women employee is having miscarriage or medical termination of the pregnancy then they are eligible to get six weeks paid off.
- If the pregnant women dies in her pregnancy then the company is bound to provide the maternity benefits up to the death of the women And if the child also dies after the death of her mother then benefits has to pay until child's death.
- If the women dies due to pregnancy, then the benefit go to her nominee.
Publised On: Jan 10, 2018